Are you looking for a place to park your savings dollars? Do you need an account that blends accessibility with a more than standard rate of return?
Savings accounts are an ideal home for funds you want to put away for emergency or special purposes. Checking accounts are the way to go for money you will spend for your living expenses. But, what if there were a way to take everything you love about your savings account and put it together with the best parts of your checking account into one fantastic account?
Look no further! Horizon’s Money Market accounts offer convenient features with an attractive rate of return to help your money grow more.
Money Market accounts are perfect for funds you don't need immediate access to, but may need to withdraw portions of sometime in the future. You'll earn a handsome return on your money without the risk of the stock market, or the restrictiveness of a savings certificate account.
It's important to note that most Money Market accounts have a minimum balance requirement. While some large banks won't let you start one without a minimum deposit of $3,000 or more, here at Horizon, you can open up a Money Market account with as little as $1.
Still not convinced? Here are 5 reasons to open a Money Market account:
- Security - Funds in your Money Market account are insured by the NCUA up to $250,000. This means you can keep a large sum of money in your account without the risk of losing it to a market crash or a poor choice of investment. It's a great opportunity to start saving with confidence!
- Accessibility of funds - One of the most attractive features of Money Market accounts is the liquidity of funds. Money Markets have no maturity date or term requirement. This affords them ease of access that other savings vehicles, like CDs or Share Certificates, do not have: You are free to access the funds in your account at any time, usually without penalty.
There are restrictions on the number of transactions you can make a month, though. If you own a Horizon Money Market account, you can make up to 6 withdrawals from your account during each monthly cycle.
The accessibility factor makes Money Market accounts super-convenient for members who don't know exactly when they will want to withdraw their funds. So, they are perfect for those large, occasional expenses, like tuition payments, emergency household repairs and unexpected medical fees. You might want to put away a tidy sum to use as spontaneous splurge money when the desire strikes. Or, you can keep your quarterly tax payments in your Money Market account until they're due so you earn more dividends on this money while it's waiting to be spent.
Whatever purpose you have in mind for your funds, a Money Market account is an ideal place to keep them.
- High interest rates - Money Market accounts offer a rate of return that surpasses your typical savings account. Here at Horizon, our APY for Money Market accounts is as much as [XX]% (as of [DATE]).This is especially beneficial in a rising-rates environment when those rates are only expected to increase. Give your money its best chance at growth!
- Account benefits - Like every account here at Horizon, your Money Market account comes with lots of benefits and attractive features. There is no monthly maintenance charge for your Money Market account.
If you've got a question or concern with your account, we're always here to help. You can drop in for a chat, give us a shout-out on HorizonFCU.org, or contact us by phone at 570-326-3636. A Horizon representative will be happy to assist you.
- Personal checks and debit card access - Money Market accounts offer some flexibility. In fact, you can easily transfer funds into your checking account. Then you're free to use the funds to make payments by writing personal checks or using your debit card. This flexibility means you can use that money in a pinch without any major effort or waiting for a withdrawal to clear.
Are you ready to start saving big? Open a Money Market account at Horizon today!