On October 27 through October 30, 2017, we will undergo multiple technology upgrades to enhance the member experience online, by phone and in-person. These upgrades will ensure maximum security for your financial information while improving the speed, reliability, and efficiency of your banking experience.
Upgrades will include:
• A new internal operating system which will provide quicker, more efficient in-person service.
• A new online banking platform offering more features to manage your accounts.
• An updated telephone banking system with new prompts to streamline your call experience.
• A new mobile banking platform offering more features and capabilities that will make staying connected even easier.
• A new bill pay system with new enhancements and features making paying your bills easy anytime and anywhere.
Why Are We Upgrading Our Systems?
Horizon FCU remains committed to providing our members with secure, convenient and personalized service, while staying ahead of technology trends. Below is a list of benefits that will come from our technology upgrade.
• Enhanced security features
• Easier and real-time access to your accounts
• Improved accessibility
• New state-of-the-art Online Banking and Mobile Banking experience
• Systems that will allow us to serve you better
• Better in-person service when visiting a branch
• New and improved statements for easier review of account and loan history
• Electronic deposit and withdrawal transactions post to your account faster
• Automatic loan payments available on weekends
• Enhanced products and services including a money market account, new savings and checking products, business accounts & lending
• And much more!
In order to provide the state-of-the-art technology that will allow for future growth, it is necessary to upgrade our current systems. Horizon FCU's focus is to continually enhance products and services. Our new systems will allow us to complete the following enhancements by year 2020.
• New business accounts and business lending
• Money market account
• New savings and checking accounts
• New identity theft protection product
• Elimination of the $1 Visa debit card monthly fee on some accounts
• New member dividend program
• Enhanced overdraft privilege program, reducing fees
• New investment services program
Important Dates to Remember:
Friday, October 27 – all branch locations will close at 4:00 pm. Systems will be offline starting at 4:30 pm.
Saturday, October 28 – all branch locations and drive-thru windows will be closed.
Monday, October 30 – all branch locations and drive-thru windows will be closed. Systems will be available starting at 8:00 am.
Tuesday, October 31 – we will reopen for normal business hours.
The following services will be unavailable from Friday, October 27 at 4:30 pm through Monday, October 30 at 8:00 am:
• Online Banking
• Mobile Banking
• Bill Pay
• Telephone Teller
• Balance Inquiries with your Debit Card
The following services will remain open and accessible during this time period:
• Debit Cards (limited accessibility, please see below for more details)
• Credit Cards
• ATM and debit card services will be available, but with reduced daily limits.
• ATM deposits made after 4:00 pm on Friday will be credited on Monday, October 30.
• Mobile deposits and night drops made after 4:00 pm on Friday will be credited Monday, October 30.
Debit Card Upgrade Impacts:
On October 27 at 4:30 pm through October 30 at 8:00 am, Horizon FCU debit cards will have limited accessibility as we undergo a significant technology upgrade.
• ATM and Debit cards - $400 per day maximum ATM withdrawal limit
• Debit cards - $400 per day maximum limit for point-of-sale transactions
Suggested options for accessing your funds during the upgrade weekend:
• Write a check
• Use your ATM or debit card at any ATM or merchant location
• Use your Horizon FCU credit card
• Make appropriate cash withdrawals at a branch location prior to 4:00 pm on October 27.
Online Banking Upgrade Impacts:
Our new Online Banking service will bring you a better and more convenient Online Banking experience. The first time you access the upgraded Online Banking system, you will need your Online Banking User ID and temporary password.
• Online Banking Website Address: The first time you login to online banking, please visit HorizonFCU.org and click on the online banking login button as the web address for online banking will be changing. If you currently have online banking bookmarked, you will need to delete that bookmark and establish a new bookmark for our new online banking system on or after Monday October 30 at 8:00 am.
• Temporary User ID will be your member number, and your temporary password is set to the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).
• User ID: You will be prompted to change your user ID once you login to the new system. Your user ID will need to be created using an alpha-numeric combination.
Please note: Online Banking will not be available during the upgrade. Full Online Banking functionality will begin at 8:00 am on Monday, October 30.
Bill Pay Upgrade Impacts:
Our new Bill Pay service is now easier and more convenient than ever before. Current Bill Pay users must register for the new Bill Pay Service.
• Existing payees will not carry over and will need to be re-entered into the new Bill Pay service after the upgrade.
• Bill Pay history from the old system will not carry over. If you wish to download your history, you must do so on or before Thursday October 26.
• After the upgrade, you will need to login to Bill Pay and validate your computer with the upgraded bill payment service.
• For current users, scheduled bills will not carry over to the new Bill Pay service.
Please note: Bill Pay will not be available during the upgrade. Full Bill Pay functionality will begin at 8:00 am on Monday, October 30.
Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit Capture Upgrade Impacts:
After you have signed into the upgraded Online Banking system for the first time, you'll be able to access Mobile Banking. Download or update the app on your device and login. You will still have access to all the features you are accustomed to.
To access our new mobile banking system after 8:00 am on Monday October 30, you will need to delete your existing Horizon FCU app and download the new Horizon FCU Mobile Banking app for our new mobile banking system.
Please note: Mobile Banking will not be available during the upgrade. Full Mobile Banking functionality will begin at 8:00 am on Monday, October 30.
Telephone Teller Upgrade Impacts:
We are enhancing our Telephone Teller service for a more user-friendly experience, with new features like automated registration, speech recognition and the ability to place stop payments.
After the upgrade:
• Simply call 570-326-2407 and listen carefully to the prompts, as menu options will change.
• When prompted enter your Member Number.
• Create a new PIN, enter your last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). Once your SSN is verified, you will be asked to enter the new PIN.
• Going forward, you'll enter your Member Number and PIN to access your account information.
Please note: Telephone Teller will not be available during the upgrade. Full Telephone Teller functionality will begin at 8:00 am on Monday, October 30.
The following is an additional list of changes that may impact you once we finalize our technology upgrade on Monday October 30:
• Effective October 31, 2017, all Horizon FCU members will be responsible for the cost of purchasing their own boxes of checks. This applies to new and re-order check requests. We are proud to be able to offer a quality printing service at a valuable price that all members benefit from. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to speak to your local credit union representative who can review additional options available to avoid check expenses.
• After the technology upgrade, you may notice that some of the names of our accounts and suffix numbers for those accounts will be different on your statement. Click Here to see a list of product name changes and suffix changes that will be occurring.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click Here for a list of frequently asked questions.
More information on the upgrades will be shared with you through direct mail, email, social media and more. Our number one priority is to ensure every member experiences a smooth and effortless transition through the technology upgrade.
If you have any questions in regards to the upcoming changes or impact to your account during the upgrade weekend, please stop by your local Horizon FCU branch or call us at 570-326-3636 to speak to a Credit Union Representative who will address your questions.