Conflict, Rapport and "You": Overcoming the Hurdles of Emotion in Order to have Breakthrough Conversations at Work (and Everywhere Else)
Presented by Michael Leone, Training & Development Manager for Widget Financial
In business, and all of life, connecting with others is more vital now than ever before. Every day our members and our employees face an almost overwhelming onslaught from social media, phones, tablets, smart watches, and the seemingly endless number of streaming services that demand our employees’ and members’ time. Consequently, each and every in-person communication is that much more important. In other words, the skills we have to develop rapport and turn conflict into conversation are more vital than ever. And that’s where this workshop comes in.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to short circuit the flight, flight or flee process in order to be present in challenging conversations
- How to connect to others in a deeper way in order to build connection, trust, and loyalty
- How to navigate difficult conversations with employees and members
- How to stay present with everyone you are speaking to, making them the “Star” of the conversation
- Why conflict and rapport will always be key factors in communication, and how to leverage that to be successful - even if you think you already have them mastered
Hiring the Right Fit
Presented by Michael Patterson, Chief Branding Officer for Horizon Federal Credit Union
Your staff is your team, and you need a good time to meet and exceed your goals. In sports, teams are created by drafting, signing, and trading for great players. At your credit union, you create a great team by recruiting and hiring the right fit candidates. If you are responsible for making hiring decisions at your credit union, you won’t want to miss this engaging presentation. Learn how to:
Recognize the skills and qualities of your right fit candidate.
Review and revamp the job posting to ensure you are attracting quality applicants.
Discover how to listen to what their resume is telling you.
Differentiate between the candidate’s ability to do the job versus their willingness to do the job.
Ask the right interview questions to get the answers to determine if they are the right fit.
Presented by Ancin Cooley, CIA, CISA, Founder and Principal of Synergy Credit Union Consulting, Inc.
Wednesday & Thursday
Poor project management can cost financial institutions wasted time, money, and resources. Precise execution of projects and programs is imperative to cost containment, sustainability, growth, and profitability. This seminar uses relevant and timely project examples, such as fixing regulatory findings and implementing regulatory changes, and helps participants strengthen their project management competency.
- Understand the purpose and process of project management
- Learn how to create project teams that can quickly address regulatory findings
- Ensure your projects are set-up for success from the start
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks—and turn that plan into successful action
- Learn how to effectively track and report on project progress