with Brett Christensen
Brett Christensen is the owner of CU Lending Advice LLC. As such, he consults and conducts training sessions on various lending topics to professionals that work in the credit union industry. His personal and entertaining speaking style have also made him a popular and sought out speaker in the credit union industry.
Prior to forming his own company, Brett worked as a lending consultant and trainer for Lending Solutions Consulting, Inc. and he was the President of the Loan Link Learning Center in Grand Prairie, TX.
Prior to his work at Loan Link, Brett was the Vice President of Lending & Sales at Clark County Credit Union in Las Vegas, Nevada. He also worked for five years as a civil engineering officer in the United States Air Force.
He has earned a Bachelor's of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the United States Air Force Academy in 1987, and a Master's of Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix in 1991.
Day One of Workshop
- Lending is an Attitude!
- Mandatory Steps to Successfully Lend to Higher-Risk Members
- Improving Loan Interviewing and Sales Skills
- Selling Ancillary Insurance Products
- Building Performing High-Risk Loans in the Interview
- The Firm Close
- Communicating Denials
Day Two of Workshop
- A Full Understanding of FICO Credit
- Principles of Successful Consumer Loan
- Bankruptcy Predictors
- Debt Ratio Analysis
- Secured & Unsecured Guidelines
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Lending to Self-Employed Members
- Underwriting Higher-Risk Members