Online BankingLog In
ATM Network Locator
How to Join
Membership at Horizon FCU is free! To join, you must open a Share Savings account. It is referred to as a share account because, as a cooperative financial association, members own the credit union. Your deposit of $5 to open your account represents your "share" of ownership. This deposit goes directly into your account, and must remain there the entire time you are a member. And, once you are a member, you are always a member!
What you will need to bring with you to open an account:
- Valid photo ID (driver's license; photo ID card, military photo ID card, passport, or birth certificate (if under 18 years of age)
- Proof of Social Security Number
If address is not listed or correct on your valid photo ID, you will need one of the following for acceptable documents of address verification:
- Utility bill
- SS/SSI Proposed Yearly Earning Statement
- Domestic Relations or court documentation
In addition, members must supply physical addresses, if they receive their mail at a P.O. Box.
Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school or any business or legal entities in Lycoming or Clinton County are eligible to open an account at Horizon FCU. And if you are a relative of one of our members, you are eligible to join the Horizon FCU family! When we refer to a relative we mean mother, father, brother, sister, grandchildren, or adoptive relation.
Additionally, the following persons will have access to membership:
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Employees of this credit union
- Volunteers in the community
- Members of their immediate families and households. This includes any person who is a permanent member of, and participates in maintenance of the household (for example, two people sharing an apartment would be considered a household)
- Organizations of such persons
As part owner, you will have access to all the benefits of membership. These benefits include products and services designed to help you manage your personal financial affairs conveniently and at the lowest possible cost.
Members of record of the Horizon Federal Credit Union as of the effective date of its conversion to community charter on February 25, 2011